INTERIM DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS INSPIRING GIRLS INTERNATIONAL
Inspiring Girls International is a registered charity dedicated to raising the aspirations of young girls around the world by connecting girls and female role models. The charity requires an interim Director of Operations for the period 26 June to 27 October with the possibility of continuing in a similar role following a review of the charity’s staffing structure. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who will need to hit the ground running and be comfortable with juggling a range of responsibilities and competing priorities as this young charity expands its global network.
|Contract:||4-month fixed-term contract (subject to extension on a permanent basis)|
|Reports to:||Chair and Trustees|
|Hours:||26 hours per week (flexible work pattern but may need to be available for charity events outside of normal business hours)|
Over the contract period, the successful candidate will need to prioritise:
- Developing a global fundraising programme and deliver it with sponsorship targets.
- The successful launch of Inspiring Girls in Chile and Uganda as part of the 2017 campaign rollout.
Leadership & Engagement:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the Inspiring Girls global network, ensuring compliance with relevant obligations.
- Actively engage with charity partners and sponsors to bring maximum value to the campaign.
- Be the public voice of the campaign, communicating its vision and successes whilst engaging and developing relationships with external stakeholders.
Media & Communications:
- Handle day to day media requests, prepare press releases and draft articles/communiqués for the charity’s Chair as required.
- Coordinate UK based events with relevant partners.
- Ensure that communications generated on the charity’s online platforms remain consistent with the core messaging and strategic vision of the campaign.
Business Development and Fundraising:
- Work with the Chair to continue developing the campaign’s strategic vision.
- Build and nurture potential partnerships in new markets and establish key local relationships.
- Prioritise and pursue new opportunities for the campaign.
- Oversee delivery of fundraising activities.
The successful candidate will need to be a strong networker and fundraiser with previous experience of dealing with the media. They will ideally have a track record in programme or project management with an international dimension. Previous experience of working with a charity is highly desirable, but not essential if sufficiently counterbalanced by other relevant skills and experience.
Desired experience and qualities:
- Management experience with a track record of effectively leading and scaling a programme / project.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Strong organisational management skills with the ability set and achieve strategic objectives.
- Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills; knowledge of social media and digital communications.
- Experience in coordinating events at both national and international level.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Experience with international affairs and comfortable working with different cultures.
How to apply
Please send your CV with contact details to email@example.com in the first instance by 11 June.